THE DAY SPA @ FOLAWNS + MED SPA
At The Day Spa @ Folawns, we offer one of the worlds’ leading brands of facial injections – Botox – to improve the appearance of your skin. Botox uses a form of botulinum toxin to temporarily paralyze muscle activity. Botox injections are the perfect form of treatment to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles and crow’s feet in adults.
Why Use Botox?
If you suffer from:
Frown lines between the eyebrows
Crow’s-feet, the lines that fan out from the corners of the eyes
Then these injections can help block certain chemical signals from your nerves that cause your facial muscles to contract. The injections temporarily relaxes the facial muscles that underlie your skin, and cause these wrinkles.
No Aspirin, Advil, Motrin or Fish oil 7 days before injection
Consult with your regular doctor prior to stopping any prescribed blood thinning medications
Refrain from alcohol 24 hours prior to and 24 hours after receiving Botox
You will not be able to lie down 4 hours after injections so schedule your appointment according to your sleep habits
No facial treatments or massages can be booked on the same day
For any questions beyond these, please ask
After Your Botox
• Remain upright for 4 hours post injection. You may recline but refrain from lying flat.
• Exaggerate facial expressions in injected areas for 1 hour after injection.
• Do not wear a headband or a hat across your forehead if you have had forehead, eyebrow or area between the eyes injected.
• Refrain from exercise that increases your heart rate for the next 24 hours following injection. Walking or low impact forms of exercise are fine.
• Do not massage or manipulate the injected areas for 24 hours after injection. Washing your face and applying makeup is fine. Please avoid using a Clarisonic facial cleaner. Please avoid a facial, placing your face in a massage cradle, or be face down on a chiropractor’s chair for 24 hours following injection.
• Refrain from Ibuprofen, aspirin, fish oil supplements or vitamin E for 24 hours following injection.
• If bruising appears, you may apply ice to the area for 15 minutes to decrease bruising.
• The most common side effect is headache with Botox injections. You may use Tylenol to relieve this. If you are a chronic headache sufferer and have prescription headache medication, you may take it as prescribed by your doctor.
• Botox will gradually take effect over the next 7-10 days but could take up to 2 weeks to see the desired results. If this is your first Botox injection, we recommend that you follow up 2 weeks after your injection.
• For any other questions or concerns please call our office at 210-408-0101.