FOLAWNS MEDICAL SPA AND SALON
At Folawns, we offer some of the worlds’ leading brands of facial injections to improve the appearance of your skin. Botox uses a form of botulinum toxin to temporarily paralyze muscle activity. Botox injections are the perfect form of treatment to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles and crow’s feet in adults.
We invite you to schedule a consultation with one of our injectors to determine how many units you would need.
Neuromodulators, a family of medicines that includes Daxxify, Botox, and Dysport essentially freeze wrinkles by injecting a minute amount of botulinum toxin into underlying muscle, causing the tissue to relax and create a smoother appearance for overlying skin, according to the ASDS. The effect wears off over time, and many people get multiple injections each year in order to maintain the look of wrinkle-free skin.
No Aspirin, Advil, Motrin or Fish oil 7 days before injection
Consult with your regular doctor prior to stopping any prescribed blood thinning medications
Refrain from alcohol 24 hours prior to and 24 hours after receiving Botox
You will not be able to lie down 4 hours after injections so schedule your appointment according to your sleep habits
No facial treatments or massages can be booked on the same day
For any questions beyond these, please ask
After Your Injections
• Remain upright for 4 hours post injection. You may recline but refrain from lying flat.
• Exaggerate facial expressions in injected areas for 1 hour after injection.
• Do not wear a headband or a hat across your forehead if you have had forehead, eyebrow or area between the eyes injected.
• Refrain from exercise that increases your heart rate for the next 24 hours following injection. Walking or low impact forms of exercise are fine.
• Do not massage or manipulate the injected areas for 24 hours after injection. Washing your face and applying makeup is fine. Please avoid using a Clarisonic facial cleaner. Please avoid a facial, placing your face in a massage cradle, or be face down on a chiropractor’s chair for 24 hours following injection.
• Refrain from Ibuprofen, aspirin, fish oil supplements or vitamin E for 24 hours following injection.
• If bruising appears, you may apply ice to the area for 15 minutes to decrease bruising.
• The most common side effect is headache with Botox injections. You may use Tylenol to relieve this. If you are a chronic headache sufferer and have prescription headache medication, you may take it as prescribed by your doctor.
• Botox will gradually take effect over the next 7-10 days but could take up to 2 weeks to see the desired results. If this is your first Botox injection, we recommend that you follow up 2 weeks after your injection.
• For any other questions or concerns please call our office at 210-408-0101.